What we are doing to make this event safer for everyone:
- Masks: Surgical grade masks will be available for anyone requesting them. All attendees and vendors are strongly encouraged to wear masks at all times when not actively eating or drinking.
- Hand Washing: Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the venue in addition to the regular sinks for frequent hand-washing.
- Spacing: Service points will be at least 8’ apart from each other.
- Ventilation: All entrances will remain open and outdoor areas will be available for consumption of food and beverages as much as weather allows.
While the above steps can help mitigate the risks of spreading COVID-19 at Battle of the Brews, this is still a large-scale gathering where attendees may spend time physically close to people they don’t usually interact with. As the frequency and total duration of close contact between attendees is increased, thereby the risk that respiratory particles will be transmitted between attendees and participants increases.
Therefore, we strongly recommend that attendees do the following for the event:
- Get fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.
- Unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to get laboratory tested for COVID-19. A negative antigen test within one day of the event or a negative PCR test within 2 days of the event are preferred.
- Wear a mask when not actively eating or drinking. Consider better fit and filtration for masks. Respirators (e.g., N95s, KN95s, KF94s) or surgical masks with good fit are recommended over cloth masks.
- Sign up for CA Notify. This is an added layer of protection for individuals and the community to receive alerts when they have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19. If you test positive for COVID-19 please alert CA Notify to anonymously notify those who may have been exposed.